Summer in Colorado 2010 : Part One (Getting there)
Getting to Colorado was very uneventful. We drove to Dallas to meet up with Linda (to the kids she is MyMa, or MeMa, or MooMa (a newly added nickname that she just loves)... she's Robert's mom, my mother-in-law, and an all around lovely person). Spent the night at MooMa's house (sorry, Linda) then we all flew out Saturday morning (this is all happening back in the middle of July, remember).
We drug THREE huge carseats up the check-in, got our tickets, and got on the plane. Short flight in, the kids did great. Hayes slept the entire flight.
A little side note: as I get closer to weaning Hayes entirely, I'm starting to get a little worried about his napping when we are out and about. Currently if I nurse him at naptime, he will fall asleep. Anywhere. We could be in the middle of a ragging party and he would fall right to sleep. Doesn't work for nighttime, just naps. But man, it is super nice. I will seriously miss that when he is weaned.
Ahem, back to our trip. We made it in, lugged our THREE huge carseats to our spiffy rental mini-van (which the girls LOVED by the way) and headed out across the mountains toward Gee-gee & Papa at the house in Granby.
The pictures are all from my iPhone using Hipstamatic. They are supposed to look funky, okay.









More to come this week...
No comments:
Post a Comment