We did the "Illuminations" tour where they turn out all the lights for a few minutes. The darkness was insane. They left the lights off for at least a full two minutes and even I started feeling anxious to get the lights back on. It's a bit unnerving to be without sight for that long. Thankfully, the kids all held it together. Addie and Claire went panning for gems afterward, which they loved. Hayes splashed in the panning water, which he loved. No complaining about all the stairs, no whining about the heat, everyone got along, everyone was happy. It was beautiful. Everyone behaved so beautifully, in fact, that I started musing at what a good parent I must be.
Not to worry... they pulled me right back into reality the next day. Even still, I think I'll always have fond memories of this place.




p.s. Still haven't worked on Colorado pictures. Not sure why. Must be a mental block or something.
3 comments:
So cute...glad you had fun.
Addie kinda looks like she is wearing a wig in the bottom picture. Is there a reason you have her in disguise?
Oh memories! We used to go there all the time when we were young! I still haven't been with my kids but it's on the list. Glad it was still fun!
Ha! It's the new haircut. Bangs make a huge difference, right? And all of the sudden her hair is as dark as Hayes's. I'm not sure how or when that happened.
Post a Comment