And to top off the day, my dear husband got me a fancy new sewing machine! I know... it's so 1950s, but I've been wanting one for a while now, so I was very excited. There are so many projects I've got lined up already. Addie and I spent all of Hayes's morning nap time getting it set up, reading the manual, and doing some test stitches. My first little project was a simple appliqué shirt for Addie. I did it this afternoon while the kids slept. Next up, I'm turning some of Addie's dresses from last summer into skirts for this summer.
Don't look too close... it is my first project.
9 comments:
SOOOOO cute!!
I wish I had your eye to put things together!
Sewing rocks! You are going to have so much fun with that thing. If you are ever curious about a sewing class, I'd love to join you! Get babysitters and have a night out with our machines! ;)
Nice looking machine! Congrats on the new baby. ;)
Cool! Bring it over and we will have a sewing-b! :)
I love posts like this. You take some of the anxiety (of having two very small kids at one time) away when I see that you have time to sew during nap time. Yes!
SO jealous. It's on my wish list.
When can we start placing orders?
I want a sewing machine so bad! I've never sewed before though...how was it?
D'oh! I was finally feeling better about myself, knowing that you had some potty training troubles. But now this?? Cutest shirt ever, and you just did it during naptime??? Argh.
:)
Very cool. Are you teaching yourself? I have a sewing machine that I've never learned to use -- you're inspiring me! :0)
Post a Comment