Saturday, May 9, 2009

alabama!

We had a great time with Aunt Cynthia and Claire in Alabama for Easter.  Easter will be a separate post, so here is a sampling of the other fun we had...

There is an awesome playground in Fairhope that we spent a lot of time at.  It is all wooden and there are a lot of nooks and crannies to hide and crawl around in.  It is just so imaginative and creative.  Claire is like a spider monkey on it.  She is barely 5 years old and climbs up and jumps off almost everything.  She has the monkey bars and the rings conquered and can even skip a rung when she's crossing them.  I was amazed and I wish I would have gotten a picture of it!















We also got to see two of Claire's soccer games while we were there. Five year old soccer games are a hoot to watch. There was actually a lot of improvement from the first game to the next, but well, you know, they're still five. In any case, they were stinkin' adorable out there!







On a side note, while we were at Claire's soccer game, I took Addie over to an unused soccer field to kick the ball around a little. We were kicking it back and forth, then she said she wanted to kick it in the big goal, which was pretty far away. I said, "Okay, Addie... let's RUN over there!... keep running!... let's go, keep running!" About 20 steps in, she stopped and told me, "No, I'm just walking." It cracked me up because that is soooo me as a little kid. There's just no need to exert yourself too much.  You might sweat.

We also took an afternoon trip to the beach. I haven't been in many years and it brought back so many memories. We used to spend a week there every summer at my Grandparents beach house.  What a joy to be there with my own kids.

Hayes's first time to the beach!



Sandcastles











Claire was pretty brave to get in... it was freezing! How can kids do that? She was shivering, but kept going back in for more!







It took Addie a little while to warm up to the idea of actually letting the water touch her, but she finally did it and had so much fun!









It was a fabulous visit. We can't wait to see them again!!

1 comment:

Melanie Flinn said...

Looks like it was a great trip!