Thursday, April 2, 2009

six months



The little one is six months old already! I think time goes by faster with the second. You are so preoccupied with maintaining life that suddenly you get a call from the doctor reminding you of your newborn's six month checkup the next day. And you realize... he's not a newborn anymore.

Some things about Hayes at six months...
- His six month stats are:
height : 28 inches (90th-95th percentile)
weight : 18lbs 7oz (70th percentile)
head circumfrence : 45 cm (80th percentile)
- He is still ridiculously happy.  He absolutely must smile if smiled at.  Seriously, he will smile at posters of people smiling.  If they smile at him, he'll smile back.
- Generally he'll go to anyone and be perfectly content.  But if he's not feeling well, he wants to be held by his mama.  No one else will do.  I really hate seeing him sick, but it's good to know he needs me.  I did birth him for crying out loud!
- He's been sitting up for about a month now, but only in the past few weeks has he become really sturdy.
- He still has just the two bottom teeth, though I think I can see two more coming up on the bottom.  I am dreading the top teeth because he's already started to bite.
- He is still super wiggly and active.  People are always commenting on how difficult he is to hold because he's constantly climbing, twisting, and jumping around in your arms.
- Compared to Adeline he sleeps like a rock star, but evidently he's just considered a decent sleeper when compared to the general public.  He takes two good naps during the day (1 to 2 hours each) and sleeps 6 or 7 hour stretches at night.  I'm usually up to nurse him once (though we've had some stretches recently when he was up at least twice every night), and he's up for the day around 6:30. 
- He loves to watch Addie play.  
- He recently developed an opinion about people stealing toys that he is playing with.  He doesn't like it.
- We haven't starting feeding him solids yet.  We're planing to do Baby-Led Weaning (as we did with Adeline) and start letting him experiment with food when we get home from our trip to Alabama for Easter.

2 comments:

Katie Eaton Photography said...

And she isn't just saying he is the happiest baby because she's his mama ... it's true. Great pics! I love the bottom one.

Earth Mama Sarah said...

I just don't know how you can stand the cuteness!