Leading up to Christmas, we took the kids to the Trail of Lights at Zilker park, we met and had pictures with Santa, and even went to see a short Imax Christmas film. Then the weekend before Christmas, we loaded up Robert's mom's truck (yes, that's right... we had to borrow a truck in order to get everything to fit!) and headed to Denison to see Robert's family for a few days, then went down to the Woodlands on the Monday before Christmas and spent Christmas week with Paige's family. A wonderful time was had by all. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.
Meeting Santa... Adeline was very excited, though still slightly nervous to meet Santa. I was a little surprise that she actually talked to him. She told him that she wanted a Dollhouse. Then we asked her to show Santa how she laughs so that we could get a good picture of her smiling. Instead of her normal laugh, she gave a very nervous, "Ha, Ha, Ha". Santa nearly peed in his pants laughing at her.


First stop... Denison. Robert's brother Lindsay did most of the picture taking in Denison, so I'll have to hound him for those pictures after he settles in in Uganda.
Playing with some new toys at MyMaw's (MiMa? MiMaw? MyMa? Still haven't worked out the spelling on that) house
Granny
Hayes was super excited about the presents.
Next stop... The Woodlands. Natalie, Mike and all 5 kids came down with a stomach flu right before Christmas, so we only got to see them briefly right as we were headed back to Austin. We were so bummed... we really missed them! We did get to spend some wonderful time with Aunt Cynthia and Claire, who were visiting from Alabama.
Christmas Eve... Check out Robert and I in our incredibly cheesy and totally un-planned matching outfits.
Hayes loves his Grammy
So does Adeline
Two little girls all excited for Santa
The doll house was a big hit!
Aunt Cynthia opening Claire's gift
Addie's adorable new slippers
Hayes didn't get a lot of exciting things since we basically have all the baby stuff covered at our house. He mostly got books. He did get some new bibs... woo-hoo. Robert thinks getting bibs for Christmas is the baby equivalent of getting socks for Christmas. Hey, I had to have something to wrap up for him!
This better not be more bibs, Mom!
So excited to get some more "peoples"!
I was so glad that our gift for Claire was a hit! It is a spinning stick that you have to jump over. Anything that involves jumping, Claire is all over it!
My mom got a new golf cart for their house at Clear Lake (and a new plasma screen tv, and a new sailboat... she seriously racked up!) so we all piled on and took it for a spin.
After presents, we sat down to a late lunch where we did the obligatory stuffing of our faces. Then it was on to birthday celebrations. More on that to come.
3 comments:
And this must be my second favorite post. :) Really though, great pictures and perfect storytelling. Also, lovely "unplanned" matchy matchersons. I'm sending this link to Mike, so he can giggle, too.
Even before I read the caption I thought, "Hmm..that is not like Paige to have matching outfits!"
I love it.
I need to talk to your Mom. Chris wants a Golf cart and I alraedy started secretly saving for Christmas next year. How fun!
Un-planned matching outfits? Sure... :0)Looks like a fun day!
Post a Comment