Friday, December 19, 2008

hey paige & don't poop on me

Adeline has spent the entire morning walking around the house yelling, "Hey, Paige..." whenever she wants my attention.  Not sure where this came from, but it is cracking me up every time she says it.

Which reminds me.... last week we went out for a late night shopping run (by late, I mean we left the house at 6:00 and were home by 8:00).  I packed a dinner for Adeline in her laptop lunch box so she could eat dinner in the stroller while we shopped.  As we were walking under the trees by Anthropologie, a bird pooped on Adeline's sleeve and in her green beans.  I don't think she noticed until we started wiping her up and tossing the green beans.  Robert and I were (of course) cracking up.  Then when we caught our breath we told her about the bird poop.

For the next few days she was scared to go outside.  I can't tell you how many times I have heard, "Don't poop on me, birds!" come out of her mouth since that incident.  She still says it almost every time we go outside.

3 comments:

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

That's hilarious!!!!

P.S.
When Lauren wants something or if Patrick leaves the room, she too calls him by his first name. Love it!

Texas Slowpoke said...

That is so funny!

Jessica said...

:0) That's pretty funny.

Lately Brynn has been calling me Honey. It must be fascinating to toddlers when they realize that their mommies might go by something other than mama.