Tuesday, October 7, 2008

2 weeks old



Hayes is two weeks old today!

He has already grown 1.125 inches and gained almost a pound!  Here are his current stats:

23.125 inches (>100th percentile)
10 lbs 1oz (80th percentile)

He is doing really well.  He seems to be an easier baby than Adeline was.  I'm not sure if that is a direct derivative of the fact that he actually *gasp* gets laid down while he is sleeping, thus allowing me to get a few things done, or if he is just a bit more laid back.  He really only gets fussy if he is hungry or sleepy.  And generally when he is fussy, he is is pretty easily calmed down.  He's a big fan of swaddling, bouncing and white noise.  And if those things don't calm him down, it usually means he just wants to be laid down on the bed and he calms down immediately.  It amazes me when that works because Adeline never, ever, ever let us do that!  

Adeline is doing soooo well with Hayes (knock on wood a million times)!  She has really surprised me.  She doesn't seem to be too jealous and she really tries to be soft and sweet with him.  She loves to lay down next to him, talk to him, and bring him toys to play with.  If he cries, she will offer up suggestions on how to calm him... toy?  nurse?  blankie?  So adorable.

Robert and I are doing well with the adjustment to two.  We could never imagine how much we could love our kids.  Although we are still in shock that we are old enough to have two!  We feel so lucky.  Our family is amazing.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

So handsome! I can't wait to get my hands on him.

I love how much your kidos look alike. So sweet.

jteaton said...

I am looking forward to meeting Hayes! I agree with your last statement....Robert is amazing.