Thursday, September 11, 2008

no, baby... you are supposed to come down.

Had an appointment with my midwife today.  It seems Hayes is a bit confused.  He has moved up.

Yes, up.  Not down.  Up.

Apparently he is much higher than he was 2 weeks ago when I had my last internal check.  Makes sense because over the past few days I haven't felt like I had a vice pushing my pelvic bones apart (which is exactly what it felt like a week ago).  My midwife is sure she'll see me at my next appointment... next Thursday... 5 days past my due date.

Poor Hayes just can't win.  I didn't want him to be early, but I really didn't want him to be late, either!

4 comments:

Duke Family said...

Hang in there! Hayes will be here before we know it. If you really get ready for him, try acupuncture. It worked for me when Parker was 6 days late.

Allen Family said...

It's good he isn't going to come during bad weather this weekend. Maybe he is just waiting for the storm to pass!

Laura said...

Hi Paige, I keep expecting to hear the wonderful news of Hayes arrival any day now. I'm heading out of town for a couple weeks, but I will be sending my prayers to you, Bob, and Addie. ~Laura

Mindy said...

Sounds like Jake...he will come out when he is ready. Jake was ready 3 weeks early! :) Love you all and see you on the other side of this hurricane.