She was thrilled to find out that she was getting a haircut. Not sure why she thought it would be so much fun, but she talked about it all week long. When the day finally came, she was giddy. She did great. Sat still, stared straight ahead with a goofy grin on her face.
Turns out it is a good thing she liked getting a haircut so much because we did it again today. For the first cut, I was really paranoid about taking too much off so I told her to be conservative. I wanted to continue to let her bangs grow, so I didn't want those cut too much and I just wanted the back trimmed up a bit so she didn't look like she had a mullet anymore. But... after getting home and working with it for a few days, I decided those bangs needed to be trimmed up and out of her eyes. We'll work on growing them out once she decides to quit fighting me on the barette. And as for the mullet, well somehow it survived the haircut. It really had to go. So, we made another appointment for today. The new cut looks super cute. Short, but adorable. She looks much less like a rag-a-muffin now. Before the haircuts, her hair really needed to be put up every day in a ponytail or pigtails and a barrette in order to look decent. Now it looks cute and she doesn't have to be subjected to ponytails and barrette re-dos all day long. But honestly... I already miss the pigtails.
Pre-haircut rag-a-muffin.
Waiting patiently for her first haircut (hair in a ponytail and a clip).
Sort of looks like she was frowning, but trust me, she loved every second of it!
Post haircut trip to Home Depot (still needed the clip to keep her bangs out of her face).
Better, but still a bit raggedy looking...
Post haircut #2. Ahh... much better!
Not a trace of the mullet remains.
I think she likes it. Or maybe she's just glad she can see again.
The dentist appointment went surprisingly well. Adeline has some discoloration on her top front teeth and I was terrified that it was decay. I have some friends who have dealt with decay on their toddler's teeth and it was a nightmare. We're not talking red-neck, never brush their kid's teeth type of moms. These are really good, attentive, super mom types. If their kid's teeth are having issues, what hope is there for a mom like me?! Poor Adeline, I was sure her teeth were already rotting out despite my religious brushing of her teeth, almost complete avoidance of juices, and restriction of milk to mealtimes only. Oh crap, am I going to have to admit that I've been sharing my iced tea with my 19 month old all summer long?
But alas, it was not decay. *Huge* sigh of relief on my part. Seems her vitamins are what is dong it. It is not harming her teeth, just leaving a little stain. She said it will come off easily with a little abrasive cleaning, which of course Adeline would not tolerate. So, we can try getting it off with baking soda on a Q-tip at home and if that doesn't work we can bring her back in when she's a bit older and see if she'll let the dentist get it off.
2 comments:
She is so flippin cute- love the cut. Two funny things- I have the dress she is wearing but in blue (mine is from the Gap and it looks identical) and Lucas has the chocolate dots crib bedding too. I guess we have similar tastes ;)
Aawww -- love the cut!
Post a Comment