The weaning itself has been a slow, gradual process. I decided to wean her after we found out that I was pregnant with baby #2. I did briefly explore the idea of tandem nursing, but quickly decided that I am not up for the demands of that. About 4 months ago I started trying to get her to nurse less often during the day. Then she eventually only nursed for nap and bedtime. Then she quit nursing at nap time. I kept nursing her at bedtime for about another month. I was so reluctant to give that one up. I kept thinking it was because I didn't want to mess up her bedtime routine (we are very sensitive about bedtime now that she is sleeping well). But I think it was actually more about the fact that once I gave up the bedtime nursing, then she would be completely weaned... and growing up... way too fast.
And so here we are, baby girl completely weaned. That gives me approximately 3 months reprieve from being a milk machine, then I start the process all over again with baby boy. A whole new chapter of memories to write.
One of the very few pictures I have of me nursing Adeline. She was around 3.5 months old. Not a very romantic picture, but it's all I've got. I'll have to be better about that with baby boy.

As a side note, Addie has been sick for the past 2 days. Go figure... I quit giving her my antibodies and she gets sick right away! She threw up yesterday at dinner, then again at lunchtime today. She hasn't eaten more than a few crackers since Thursday, and she took two 2.5 hour naps today then still went to sleep at 7:30. I'm not complaining about all the sleep, but I just hate to see her so sluggish and not feeling well.
3 comments:
What a wonderful gift you've given Adeline!
Enjoy your 3 month reprieve! ;)
Hey Sheltons! i know this isnt exactly the most appropriate post to send a personal note, but i dont have any other means of contacting you.
i ran into Lindsay a week or so ago, and he mentioned that he may be looking for a new job. i told him to call me about it, but maybe i didnt stress enough that we are hiring aggressively. i would really like him to atleast come and talk to us, to see if he is interested... i can pretty much guarantee that we would make him an offer (assuming he has half the skill of his brother!) will you please encourage him to contact me (he didnt have a business card on him). my email is csano@brwarch.com
by the way, i look at this blog fairly regularly, as it is a link on Maxwell's blog (hes nine months old now). glad to hear the fam is doing so great.
I agree with Steph! Way to go on having such a wonderful breastfeeding experience! Addie is a lucky girl.
Post a Comment