On Saturday Robert worked while Addie and I played with all the cousins. Turns out construction sites can be quite a playground! As a side note I'm still STUNNED by the fact that Adeline took a 3 hour 20 minute nap that day (it was in the car, but STILL!). I guess hanging with the big kids can really wear you out! On Sunday Robert worked again and my mom took over on Adeline duty so that I could get my hands on the circular saw. By the end of the weekend, Robert and my dad had finished quite a bit of interior framing (despite our insistence that all we saw out of them was a bunch of standing around) and Mike, Natalie and I almost finished the siding on one end of the house.
We also got to be a part of a lot of the detail decisions, which is always my favorite part. In the end Robert could not convince Mike to go with the brick red color he preferred, but they settled on a beautiful shade of green for the main house, almond for the trim, and charcoal grey for the dormers. The colors are so pretty, I know they will look great!
Robert in the AWESOME sweatshirt that my dad loaned him
Back side of the house
Side of the house
Nat and Mike on siding duty
Robert and my dad working(?) hard
Hmm... working again?
Stairs in the great room
Aunt Natalie and Adeline
The cousins from oldest to youngest
Elijah...
Noah...
Abigail...
Jojo...
Becca...
Can't wait to see the finished product! It's going to be an amazing house!
1 comment:
That's woman power - you on a circular saw! sweet! Impresive work by your Robert. Looks beautiful already! I'll look forward to hearing more.
Post a Comment