Friday, January 11, 2008

Adeline news

Addie is learning and growing so much these days...

She has 6 teeth now with 2 more painfully close to popping through (that's 4 bottom, 2 top through, 2 top on the way).  I'm quite sure she's gotten taller, but we haven't measured her so I'm not sure exactly how tall she is.  I'll get her official stats at the doctor on Tuesday.  She can climb into the tub by herself (yikes!).  She can open things... most recently she opened my eye-shadow and made quite a mess, but she can also open cereal boxes and bags, chap stick, pen caps, hinged boxes, etc.  She said "night-night" and "ball" for the first time about a week ago.  We're counting "night-night" as her first word (besides "mama" and "dada").  She understands a lot now.  The other day I was folding diapers and asked her to go get me the yellow diaper she had just deposited on the other side of the room and walked over and got it for me!  She is working on getting some new signs down.  Rather, I am working on being consistent in showing them to her!  She still loves to dance and has a new move on that front.  She does this awesome stomp thing now.  So cute.  I think generally she is just more aware and more thoughtful about things.  She is thinking really hard about things lately, examining them closely, and figuring a lot out.  She has a block sorter that she can pick out the oval block from and put it through the oval opening all by herself.  She can do the other shapes too, if I point to the right opening.  She sometimes needs a little help with the tricky ones like the star and trapezoid, but mostly she can get them through on her own.  She has gotten so much more dexterous with her hands.  She can stack the rings of her ring stacker and cone stacker by herself (both are favorites right now) and push even the tiniest of buttons.  She's also starting to notice when I leave her now (boo!).  She's been a little fussy when we left her at the nursery and when we left her with Jonathan and Kristin to go to the What Not To Wear ambush.  She's not fussy the whole time, just right after we walk out the door.  I guess that's pretty normal.

Oh, I'm sure I'm missing a ton of stuff, but that is what I can think of right now.  :)

Here is a look at our little genious with her ring stacker


And a quick one of her with a tape measure (and a seriously snotty nose!!)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I click on the video and it says "No longer available"....I didn't get to see it yet :(

sheltonfamily said...

Hmmm... it works for me. Try again and let me know if it still doesn't work.