Saturday, September 22, 2007

Our time in Denison

With the Alaska trip canceled, we decided to take a small 'vacation' out to the river before the funeral on Tuesday. It was a beautiful day and we had great time. Not quite as relaxing as cruising up the coast of the Pacific Northwest, but hey... you can't control life (or death). We were spending time with family and that is all that really mattered!

Addie at the river


Robert is glad she's an "outdoor girl"


Grandmommy & Adeline


That Uncle Lindsay is so fun!


Playing with Granny before bed


Also, we decided that our debunked trip served well as a trial run for packing so that hopefully we can streamline our luggage for the next trip. Robert, Adeline and I had an obscene amount of luggage. We had our huge suitcase, a huge suitcase borrowed from my parents, and our carry-on size suitcase. But... that still didn't fit everything we "needed". I had to call Linda early on Saturday and ask her to bring us another huge suitcase! I'm quite sure all 3 of the suitcases were over the airline 50 pound limit and they each would have cost us an extra $25-$50 to check. I really hope we can do better next time!

Our ridiculous luggage... for ONE week!