Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Latest tricks

Adeline has changed so much recently. I need to document some milestones.

She started scooting on her belly about a month ago. She's got really good at it and only just now decided that she'd like to explore crawling on her hands and knees. She is crawling on her hands an knees about 30% of the time now. She's getting better and better every day. She's even pulling up and starting to "cruise" around on furniture. And so the bumps and bruises begin...

Another big accomplishment along those lines is that she can now sit herself up (starting from her belly). It doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it was a long time coming. For the past month, she has been scooting her way across the room for a toy only to get there and be completely frustrated that she can't sit up and play. It was happening non-stop... every time I set her down. Then out of the blue last Monday night I went in to check on her and she was sitting up in bed! I think she did it when she was half comatose and couldn't really remember how to do it because the next day she was back in frustration city. A few days later she remembered and has been doing it consistently since then.

The crawling and pulling up are such major milestones for a baby and it is so fun to watch Adeline discover how to use her body. But... I have to say my favorite new tricks of Adeline's are giving kisses and reaching for me and Robert. She started giving kisses about 2 weeks ago. If I ask her for kisses she leans in, open mouth, right to my chin. It gets me every time. :) Also, I've been waiting a LONG time for her to reach out for me to hold her. She's just started doing it in the past few days. I love it... all those months of holding her constantly... totally worth it! :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Paige,

I cannot believe so much has happened since we last saw you guys!! I guess it has been that long. Thanks for the updates and the pictures. I cannot wait to hear more about your Addie's new tricks and all of your travels.

Miss you!
Laura

Allen Family said...

How sweet! I cannot wait for Emmy to reach out to me and to kiss me! And crawling now! Wow...Adeline is growing up!