Tuesday, August 21, 2007

play groups

I thought I'd post a few pictures from some of our playgroups since they are a pretty much a staple in our weekly routine. There are 2 groups that we go to every week. One is with the moms & babies from our Bradley childbirth class. The other is with the Austin Attached Families infant group (a group of families that follow Attachment Parenting principles). The Bradley group in particular has been wonderful for me & Adeline! We are all first time moms with babies that are the same age so it has been a great support group for me and Adeline loves getting together with the other babies. I can't imagine how I would have survived this first 7.5 months of being a mother without the good friends I've met through these groups!

Weekend playgroup with the Bradley group
(Dads got to come to this one!)
Hollis, Maggie, Jailia, Adeline, Henry


Some Bradley group mamas and babies
Steph & Henry, Jen & Hollis, Me & Adeline


Another Bradley group play date (Notice that Addie is the only girl... somehow she ends up as the only girl at the Bradley group play groups a lot... and loves every minute of it!) :)
Adeline, Owen, Oliver, Zaidan, Hollis, Henry


Addie and Sequoia yelling at each other during one of the Attachment Parenting playgroups

2 comments:

Allen Family said...

The joys of a bigger town! Emmy and I have got to get together with some other babies her age. Everyone I know with a baby her age has a mom who works...and all my friends here who stay home with their kiddos have toddlers - not babies anymore :(

Sequoia Journey said...

well, I finally saw this pic....it's adorable. You can tell they are very interested in each other. Hope all is well with y'all!