Tuesday, January 11, 2011

black and whites (oh, and I got a new camera)

I have a new camera. It's something that has been on my wish-list for a while, but it was pretty low on the priority list and I knew it would be a long while before we could make such a big purchase.

That is, until my friend's husband decided to surprise her with a new camera for Christmas. We bought her "old" (she only had it for a year and a half) camera and now I'm shooting with a Canon. Canon 50D to be precise.

It's a pretty major upgrade from my last camera, which was the very entry level Nikon DSLR camera, the D40. Don't expect too much out of my pictures, though. I've got a lot of practicing to do before I really get the hang of this body and all it's features. (Note the totally blurry picture of Hayes from my previous post... it was taken with the new camera.) The manual is still sitting unopened in my camera bag. I should really start by reading that.

But then... what's the fun in that when you can just pick it up and start shooting? I lugged it out to the Salt Lick this weekend and had about 10 minutes to take some pictures of the kids before our table was ready.













**the last kido doesn't really belong to me, but I like to pretend.

3 comments:

Melanie Flinn said...

Congrats on your new purchase! I thought your took great pics with your old camera!!

Texas Slowpoke said...

Love the pictures! So excited for you.

steph said...

I agree, with Mel, your old pictures were fabulous as well! But I'm looking forward to see how you "grow" as a photographer.