Monday, September 6, 2010

part four : white water rafting

Summer in Colorado : Part Four (White Water Rafting)

It was our third full day in Colorado by this point and we were itching for a *real* adventure. Well, maybe some of us were itching. Some of us were dragged along for the ride.

Addie wasn't quite old enough to join us for the river rafting trip. We were willing to fudge her age a little considering she was just months away from being four (the cut off age), but she decided she'd rather spend the day with Gee-gee and Papa. They promised her ice cream... enough said.

But Claire, oh Claire was all over it. She's our little dare devil, up for just about anything. So it was Claire, Robert, Linda and me on our trip. You get a little bit of a break from pictures this time because I had leave my camera behind. I did bring my phone, so its more Hipstamatic pictures. It was in the dry bag most of the time, but I got it out when we stopped to do some cliff jumping.


{Ready for an adventure}






{Our vacation was already taking it's toll at this point. Claire fell asleep on the ride to the put in site... in a 30 year old rickety school bus that was driving on a dirt road, while wearing a life jacket. She was tired.}


{This was the pit stop for cliff jumping. There is a little rock toward the bottom that is about 4 or 5 feet above the water that the kids could jump off and the cliff was for all the crazies who wanted to jump from 30 feet up.}


{Crazy number 1... Robert}


{Crazy number 2... Me. I was going for style points with the spread eagle.}

{Crazy Junior... Claire}

{Can you tell how cold the water was? Icy. Take your breath away kind of cold.}

{On the boat}


{Just finished up}


{Our bus}

{This little girl and her sister where in our boat for the trip. She was super sweet and decided that she really liked Claire. She was a big talker. I think Claire might have said two words to her. They were "friends." Kids are so funny.}

Okay, so maybe I took more pictures than I thought.

No comments: