Sunday, April 4, 2010

spring break

Spring Break. Those words haven't meant much to me over the past eight years. But this year, with a school age kid in the house, spring break was a big deal again. We didn't go far, just over to Houston to visit my sister's family, but we did it with the MASSES. Much to my surprise, we were not the only ones who wanted to visit the Zoo, the Children's Museum, the beach, and the Space Center. Those places were not just 'busy'... they were insane! We aborted the trip to the Zoo when we realized that the zoo parking lots (yes, all of them!) were blocked off because they were at capacity... at 10:30 a.m. Seriously insane.

That's one more mark in the homeschool column.

We had an amazing time spending time with Natalie's crew, though. I cherish time spent with Natalie and her family so much. They are an incredible family. Plllllllease move to Austin, Nat!

Children's Museum :

Becca and Adeline at the Dance Party


Are these girls beautiful, or what?




Rocket scientists in the making


Noah protecting Adeline from a 'line cutter'


The Beach : don't let them fool you... that water was COLD!





























Out playin' :







2 comments:

Melanie Flinn said...

Paige! I am so sorry I missed you on our visit :(
Next time for sure. Your pictures are looking AWESOME! You must be practicing girl! You must tell me- what are you doing differently? Are you taking classes? Got a new lens? What are you editing with? I am wondering how you are getting that textured look? I am just using Lightroom but have not noticed anything on it for that. Please tell me! I have noticed slight improvement in my pics but not as much as I'd like.

So what else is new? I am sure you guys are busy with your full house. We are glad to be back in paradise, enjoying getting back to our routine. Miss you guys. By the way, Adeline is just growing up to be such a beauty (not that she wasn't before!)- you know what I mean. Tell her Lucas says hi and I am so glad you finally updated your blog because I miss seeing you guys!

Texas Slowpoke said...

Such great pictures! What a treat to spend time with ya'll!!