Ask her how old she is and she'll tell you, "Two old." I agree. She is too old! Where did the time go?
Adeline at two years old is so very. So very adorable, so very independent, so very helpful, so very unhelpful, so very frustrating, so very imaginative, and well... so very two. Her language is what has amazed me lately. She basically speaks in complete sentences now, though pronouns and tenses are a little jumbled in an adorable toddler way. She often says "my" for "I". Such as... "My going to the store today, Mama."
Her independence is quite adorable, but also so incredibly frustrating (for both of us) at times. She wants to do almost everything by herself. Even if she can't actually do it by herself. Getting dressed can take forever. She picks out her clothes about half the time these days, so we've had some pretty interesting outfits lately. I think there should be some sort of button you can put on your kid that says "I dressed myself today" so that ridiculous, self conscious moms like me don't feel the need to tell everyone you see that you were not the one who put together the pink checkered balloon pants, painted tshirt and orange striped socks outfit. I'm sure I'll get over that in time. The embarrassment is already starting to fade.
All in all, we are getting along well with our little two year old. Even in moments of parental desperation, she is still the sweetest daughter and best big sister a family could hope for.
Official two year stats are :
Height : 33.25 inches (35th percentile)
Weight : 27 lbs 8 oz (60th percentile)
Head Circ : 49 cm (80th percentile)
Happy Birthday, sweet girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment