length : 24 inches
weight : 12 lbs 14 oz
head circumference : 40.5 cm
He's above the 100% mark for length, right at the 100% mark for weight, and merely in the 85th percentile for head circumference. Our doctor keeps asking me if my husband is a big guy and to get ready because he's going to eat me out of house and home as a teenager. He was willing to bet Hayes will be 6' 2" at least. I'm not really convinced that his one month stats dictate his stature as a grown man, but geez he is a big baby! He's in almost exclusively 3-6 month clothes already and some of those are even getting snug!
His reflux has really calmed down and I thought it was because of my diet, but I have already added back in wheat and soy and he seems fine. I added dairy today and so far no major puking or fussiness. Oh how I hope that I can eat cheese again! Maybe it's just the gassy/acidic things he's sensitive to? I'll test those out soon and see how he reacts.
So far... so far... he's sleeping well. He slept an 8.5 hour stretch last night. I know... amazing. But we learned with Adeline not to count our chickens before they've hatched. She was a great nighttime sleeper until around 3 months, at which point all hell broke loose. So, we shall wait and see. I do have a little more hope for Hayes, though because he naps well, too. Adeline was never a good napper.
And on to the cuteness... Hayes is so stinkin' cute! He started smiling (intentionally) right at 5 week and is smiling at us all the time. It's so nice to know that he actually likes us! And his hair is coming back really quickly. He is almost completely rid of his old man look!
1 comment:
Hayes IS a big boy! I went back and looked, he's a full inch longer and slightly over a pound heavier than Parker was at 6 weeks. Look out Addie!
Post a Comment