Heather Walker is a friend of ours who I met through our play group. She has a beautiful daughter around Adeline's age. She is an amazing photographer and has such a talent for capturing people as they are... only somehow it looks way more beautiful in print than in real life! :)
We are so, so, very pleased with how the pictures turned out! She braved the heat with us to get a few pictures at our unfinished, un-air conditioned house, then we headed down to the Hotel San Jose (one of our favorite places in Austin) to get some more outdoor shots.
I was a little hesitant about taking pictures in the house since it is, well... a construction zone. Not exactly picturesque. But at the same time it is a big part of this crazy chapter in our lives... busy toddler to chase around, baby on the way (any day now!), house not quite finished. Heather was totally up for it and the pictures from the house turned out amazing. Just exactly what I wanted to capture. One of my favorite pictures is of all 3 (well, 4) of us sitting on a pile of lumber in the front yard of the house. It speaks volumes about where were are in life at this point in time. We are in the midst of construction and craziness, but we are so thrilled and blessed to have each other and can't imagine a better life than the one we have.
Then of course the pictures from the San Jose are stunning as well. I can't stop Adeline from growing up (lord knows I've tried to think of ways!), but at least now I have her frozen in time... a sweet as honey 19 month old rascal... full of life and attitude.
Thanks so much, Heather! We will cherish these pictures for years to come!
You can see a slide show of the pictures here if you want to take a look. :)
7 comments:
OH.MY.GOSH!
gorgeous! gorgeous pictures, gorgeous family! Heather did a great job capturing you guys!
Heather Walker strikes again. Seriously, can I ever NOT cry at how beautiful her pictures are? It's sickening. Of course it helps that you three (four) make for gorgeous photos. You look like models. Is it creepy that I want to order Heather's pics of all our friends' families? :)
Such beautiful pictures!!! Heather did an amazing job!
I loved getting to see all of you today.
I am crying...so beautiful. YOu are going to have a hard time choosing which ones to frame.
Aawwww -- such fabulous pictures!! I'm so glad you love them ... now you just have to take out a loan to buy all of them! Thank goodness for all that new wall space! ;)
Oh my goodness, those are awesome, amazing pictures! I'm another child abuser who has never had professional pics taken, but after seeing yours and Stephs, I think I just have to work it into the budget somehow. I especially love the one of Addie peeking around the tree- her spunky attitude really reminds me so much of Ruby. We were so sorry to have missed you all last weekend, we were going out of town, but hopefully we'll be able to catch up sometime!
thanks so much Paige! I had so much fun with you guys! Like you said, I just capture people as they are; the three of you created the images, I was just an observer.
Post a Comment