Friday, August 8, 2008

finger massacre

This happened weeks ago.  Adeline's bloodiest incident to date.  And it happened on... *gasp!*... Grammy's watch!  That's right, I can take no credit here.

Adeline was happily playing in Grammy's bathroom while she finished getting dressed during a visit to The Woodlands.  When she started getting into the drawers, my mom quickly got everything out that was a potential danger, then let her go to town.  My mom saw it as it was happening and yelled "No-no!" just as Addie's little fingers went for a razor that was hidden waaaay in the back.  Darn those curious little toddlers!  

She sliced the tip of her finger pretty badly and it bled like crazy.  Actually it was three slices since it was a triple blade razor.  She cried hard core until Grammy found an Elmo 'sticker' (band aid) that almost instantly made it feel better.

My mom of course felt terrible.  I let her feel really guilty for a while, then filled her in on a little incident involving a sweater shaver and Adeline's lips that had happened under my watchful eyes just a week before.  Notice I didn't blog about that one?  :)  Sometimes I feel like it's impossible to keep her in one piece.  But, she's lasted this long and is no worse for the wear.  Her finger (and lips) healed quickly and she will no doubt have some actual serious injuries in her future.

Showing off her battle wound


Who did this to you, Adeline?

1 comment:

Alison Randall said...

Ack! That sounds so awful! What a mean grandma. ;) (Okay, so maybe Sagan's had one or two accidents under my supervision as well.) I'm glad she's so tough. I'd still be crying about a finger cut. Sagan's only tried grabbing our razors about a billion times...