Thursday, May 22, 2008

wah-ber

As the mercury has risen, so has the amount of time Adeline spends playing in the water.  On a typical day, she usually plays in water at least 3 or 4 different times.  I hear about 'wah-ber' a lot these days.  She generally spends some time in the morning in the bathtub playing while I finish getting dressed for the day.  Then once she is dry and dressed, she insists on sitting on the counter with her feet in the sink under running water while we brush her teeth and fix her hair.  Then there may or may not be some type of water park / fountain trip in the morning before her nap.  After she's up from nap, we almost always spend some time out on the balcony where she can entertain herself for what seems like hours with just a mixing bowl full of water and a few cups and washcloths.  Sometimes she gives a toy or two a bath in the mixing bowl.  The car parked below our balcony is always soaked.  And she's usually completely naked by the time she's through.

We also just started going to the pool.  Our fist trip of the season was this afternoon.  It is so funny... while she is completely obsessed with 'wah-ber', she's also a bit intimidated by it in large quantities.  She loves to look at big fountains, thinks she might like to get in, but just can't seem to take that leap.  She's all over the smaller ones, but something about a fountain that towers over her just seems like a bit much.  She's getting braver and braver by the day and I'm sure she'll be in those big fountains by the end of the summer.  It's actually kind of nice to find something that stops her in her tracks!  

I wasn't sure how she'd do in the pool.  She hasn't been in one since last summer.  She was so tiny then and I knew it'd be a whole new experience for her this time around.  She did really well.  She seemed fine in the baby pool, but I could tell she was nervous in the big pool at first.  Something about the way she clung to me for dear life.  :)  After a few minutes, she loosened her grip and started to have a lot of fun.  She ran up and down the steps, loved when I tossed her in the air and she splashed back down in the pool.  I don't think she's quite ready to go under, but I'm sure it won't be long.  Saying good-bye to the 'wah-ber' was a little traumatic.

mixing bowl fun


washing down her ride


fountain play


1 comment:

Katie Eaton Photography said...

I love that third picture ... great style!