Sunday, April 6, 2008

first days with Sabrina

We had our first few days with Sabrina last week!  Sabrina is a friend of Adeline's from playgroup. I am going to be nannying for Sabrina for the next few months.  Sabrina's mom, Katie, is a good friend of mine and Adeline loves to play with Sabrina so it has been really fun and easy.  I'm sharing the nanny job with anther good friend from playgroup (that I met originally in our Bradley childbirth class), Steph, so it is a very part time gig.  Addie and I will be playing with Sabrina one or two days each week which is a perfect amount of time for us.  It is really a great set up!  

The first two days went wonderfully.  Addie and Sabrina are soo cute together.  Both could spend all day outside if you let them, so basically I did.  They have a great playscape in the backyard so we spent a lot of time out there.  The rest of the time we were either on long wagon rides, playing at the great park right around the corner or playing with their dog Copper, or practicing artwork in the driveway with sidewalk chalk.  We also took an outing to music time at Family Connections on Friday.  

Sabrina is about 5 months older than Adeline and I can tell already that the girls are going to learn a lot from each other.  I'm hoping Adeline picks up some of Sabrina's spoon skills.  The girl can use a spoon like no body's business!  Adeline is busy teaching Sabrina how fun it is to climb everything in sight.  I'm sure her parents will be sending me a hospital bill sometime soon for that little lesson.  They are chattering away to each other all day long.  Sabrina's chatter is full of distinguishable words... Adeline's is more 'sprinkled' with distinguishable words.  With all the practice they are getting,  I'm sure their verbal skills will continue to improve!

Two friends sharing their chalk


Sabrina taking Adeline for a little ride


Sabrina, the artist


More swing! More swing!


Sabrina's turn to lounge in the wagon


A side note about the pictures... Sabrina does have some adorable clothes in her closet, but she is having to wear a sleeper all day right now because her allergies are acting up. Her poor skin is so itchy ("eeetchy" as Sabrina says) and the only way to keep her from scratching is to keep her skin covered. Luckily it has been really cool lately so the weather is great for her sleeper wearing. :)

1 comment:

Katie Eaton Photography said...

GREAT pictures!! Thank you so much for taking them while the girls are together. I love that Sabrina is having so much fun with you guys.