Monday, January 7, 2008

Birthday & Christmas, part TWO

Okay, more from our Christmas & Birthday celebrations...

CHRISTMAS

NOTE : I thought I'd mention again my lack of pictures of Adeline in her Christmas pajamas opening presents.  I do have video, but can't get it online so there is not much evidence to show what a wonderful time we had.  You'll just have to trust me.

Christmas was spent out at Robert's family's place on the Red River with Robert's mom, brother, and grandma.  We got there on the 22nd, so we had lots of good family time.  The house is way out in the country and really peaceful.  Adeline, of course, loved her time with Grandmommy, Uncle Lindsay, and Granny (as did Robert and I).  She finally got to show them her walking skills and her exceptional house destruction skills.

She didn't sleep well on Christmas Eve night (or any other night we were there... surprise, surprise!) but somehow she was still raring to go in the morning.  We opened Christmas gifts first thing.  She made out like a bandit... she got a bunch of cute toys and some super sweet clothes.  Next we played outside for a while (I do have pictures of this... see below) while Granny and Linda cooked.  Christmas lunch was wonderful, but... we had forgotten Adeline's clip on highchair so it was nearly impossible to coral Adeline long enough to eat.  Turns out the highchair was in the trunk the whole time... argh!!!

Out at the Christmas tree farm to find our tree (this was actually a few days before Christmas)


Outside playing


World's youngest stunt driver


Working off all those Christmas calories with her new baby doll


More stunt driving


Birthday was up next...

BIRTHDAY

We had to wait a while after dinner to do the cake since we had all stuffed ourselves beyond recognition.  When we could finally button our pants again, we gathered up the birthday gifts and got out the cake.  A big thanks to Grandmommy for getting the cake!  Lots more gifts... a big pile of books, more beautiful clothes, cute toys, Christmas ornaments, and a great pair of angel wings which I am dying to have Adeline photographed in!  

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!


Awe, for me?!


Then came the big moment... her first taste of refined sugar!  She's never had sweets, so I thought she'd be totally into the cake, but she really wasn't that interested.  The icing was super sweet, so I guess it was just a little too much.  From what I hear she will be a lot more interested when birthday #2 comes around.  I gave her a few bites of Oklahoma Yummy (chocolate pudding desert thing) that night since she barely touched her cake.  Again, not really that interested.  

Hmmm... looks interesting.


Yummy?


And... she's done.


THE AFTERMATH

None of us were looking forward to the drive home.  Adeline least of all.  

No comments: