To make matters worse, I was so enthralled with the new video camera that I completely forgot to take any still pictures during our Christmas celebrations!! I don't have a single picture of Addie in her Christmas pajamas opening her Christmas presents. I can't believe I did that! I do have some pictures from the weekend before Christmas when we were in the Woodlands for our Christmas celebration, but that's just not the same... no Christmas pajamas! Ah, well... at least we have the videos! (even if I can't post them here!)
I was a little better with the birthday celebration. I had Robert's brother take pictures while his mom videoed. Again, can't post the cute video of her with her cake, but I can at lest post some pictures.
So birthday and Christmas in one day proved to be quite a lot to celebrate. I can see why people aren't thrilled with their Christmas birthdays. We did Christmas first, then lunch, then birthday. By the time we made it to the birthday celebration, it was a little difficult to muster a lot of excitement. Don't get me wrong, we were excited for our baby to be turning one and we did the whole cake, presents, singing, candles thing, but honestly, by that time in the day you are on celebration overload! Maybe we'll try a different order next year and see if that makes a difference.
PRE - CHRISTMAS FESTIVITIES
Rippin' in to presents in the Woodlands
Blake home (briefly) from Iraq
Riding in her new pink car from Gee-gee and Pa-pa. She's a bit of an impatient driver... honk! honk! This car has fast become a favorite!

Getting excited to see Santa (waiting in line at the mall)... check my earlier post to see how excited she was to sit in his lap!
CHRISTMAS EVE
Outside Uncle Lindsay's church

Almost fully recovered

Fully recovered

Hitchin' a ride to the car with Daddy

We went to Uncle Lindsay's church for a Christmas Eve service, which was wonderful. the building itself is very cool (which of course Robert & Lindsay thoroughly enjoy) and the service was just as impressive. I'm so glad we got to go! Incidentally Adeline cried in the nursery for the first time, though. I had even told the nursery workers that she wouldn't be a crier. I guess she just had to prove me wrong! When we came to pick her up, she burst into tears when she saw me and I could tell she had been crying. (Insert major mommy guilt here!) The nursery worker said they strolled her around in a stroller and that kept her pretty calm, but honestly I wish they would have just paged me! I think the reason she was upset is because we had just woken her up from a nap (she slept in the car on the 1.5 hour ride there) then walked in and dropped her off. I don't think she was fully awake yet. Poor baby. But as you can see by the pictures, she recovered pretty quickly.
Outside Uncle Lindsay's church
Almost fully recovered
Fully recovered
Hitchin' a ride to the car with Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment