I've seen it coming for a while now and I've finally given in. Adeline no longer takes a morning nap. Yes, she's a once a day napper now. She's been down to one nap for about 5 days now and I have mixed feelings on our new schedule.
Pros :
- We can actually leave the house in the morning... no longer held hostage by the 10 am nap curfew.
- No more epic battles to get her to sleep (it's been a struggle to get her down in the mornings for a few weeks now)... she falls to sleep in literally 3-5 minutes for her afternoon nap.
- Supposedly she will consolidate her sleep into one long afternoon nap (although I'm still waiting for this to set in).
Cons :
- I can no longer check my email in peace in the mornings.
- No more sleeping in then showering while she naps.
- She's growing up fast.
- She's growing up fast.
Growing up fast is double weighted because it is happening far faster than I am comfortable with. Don't get me wrong, the growing up part is no problem. I love that she is growing and changing and learning. It is all very exciting stuff. It's just the fast part that bothers me.
No comments:
Post a Comment