And... we have snow. Not a ton (there are only 2 runs open at Winter Park) but we do have some. Thanksgiving with the fam was wonderful. Natalie, Sarah, Maw maw, the kids and I went sledding while Robert, Mike and my Dad hiked to the Continental Divide then skied back down. It was their first time back country skiing and I'm happy to report they all returned in one piece.
The whole crew

The Sheltons

The Kellys

Our sledding adventure was sooo much fun. In fact, we are headed back today with dads and grandparents in tow. We went to a small local ski resort that hasn't opened for the season yet. Lots of wide open space is imperative for good (injury free) sledding. It has a few mounds of snow at the bottom of the hill that are perfect for sledding. We brought 2 sleds, but Jojo got a little impatient waiting for the sled and dove down a really steep part of the hill head first on his belly without the sled. And thus a new sledding technique was born.
Jojo

Abby

Elijah

Noah

Addie started on my back just watching, but I thought she might like to sled a little since she LOVES to slide. I wore her on my back as I "sledded" down on my butt and she loved it. We did that I while, then I got brave enough to take her down on the big sled. I slowed us down with my feet the first couple of times in case she got scared, but as it turns out she is quite the dare devil. She was all smiles and laughter when we hit the hill full speed!
Sledding on my back


And on the big sled

Natalie, Becca, and Elijah

The Kelly Train

Peanut hitches a ride back up

Sarah and Elijah "piggyback" sledding

Snow baby

Everyone played hard. And crashed hard as soon as we got home.
Wiped out
No comments:
Post a Comment