Tuesday, October 23, 2007

river party 2007

The party at Adobe Landing this Saturday was a raging success. The band was awesome. The crowd was big. There was 100 lbs of meat. Linda throws a great party. Apart from Addie's teething (which kept everyone in the house up all night), the whole weekend was picture perfect. We couldn't have asked for better weather and the party prep went off without a hitch. I was a little concerned about Linda before the party started. There was so much going on and she was the circus master. I knew it was getting bad when she told me she thought she needed a tranquilizer. Ha! Once things got started she was able let loose and had a great time. Addie of course loved all the people and action. She especially LOVED the band. She danced and cruised around the crowd with her alligator push toy all night.

The building (designed by Robert & Lindsay)... pre-party


Grandmommy, Adeline, and Nancy


Aunt Lori and cousin Tyler


Practicing her crowd cruising before the party gets started


Granny drinking a beer


The fam & Uncle Lindsay listening to the band


Late night dancing

4 comments:

steph said...

That push toy is awesome! Is that the toy you bought up in Round Rock?

sheltonfamily said...

Yes. It is the Melissa & Doug Chomp & Clack Alligator push toy. Here's the link to that store where I got it... http://www.baby-wise.com/product_info.php?products_id=3981&osCsid=2c087910b00ecc42588a632aa0465f4c

But... after I bought it I saw a super cute one at Ikea and of course it is way cheaper. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40060836But it does move a bit faster, so it probably would have been hard to start out on. She loves that Melissa & Doug one, though!!

Suki Lover Hollis said...

Tell you mom to tell my mom how to keep me out dancin' late at night without me having a break down! I am jealous how much fun stuff you guys get to do! My mom must be lazy or something! Oh! Wait, I keep getting sick and she feels like we can never leave the house....uggghhhh. I also am refusing to take naps and she feels that sleep is best but I am worried about her sanity if she does not leave soon...She could leave me alone, right, Addie??? You could come over and we could really do some damage and then Henry could puke everywhere...it would be our clubs surprise for our moms!

Addie said...

What an awesome building they designed! Where is that located? Is this typical of the types of buildings Robert designs?