Tuesday, June 19, 2007

chow time!

It's a big step... real food. And none of that baby stuff, either... we're going straight for the hard stuff! Robert and I decided to follow Baby Led Weaning to introduce Adeline to solids. Basically, BLW skips puree food altogether and allows babies to feed themselves regular table foods right from the start. This way they get to explore not only the tastes, but also the textures of food. I know it sounds strange to hand an entire broccoli stalk to a 6 month old, but it is based on their developmental readiness to chew and get food to the back of their mouths on their own. I can already see Addie starting to chew (well.. gum) her food! It is amazing to see what a baby is capable of. BLW sure is a messy route, but sure is a lot of fun! Addie has already tried...

bananas...


avacado...


steamed brocolli & carrots...


and mexican rice & beans!



3 comments:

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Go Addi...such a big girl!!!

Allen Family said...

How fun! I'm glad to see the Bumbo tray in use! Addie looks like she really enjoys her new foods!

steph said...

Yay Addie! We started Henry on bananas on Saturday. Maybe he and Addie can have a lunch date soon. :) Happy 6 months!