Tuesday, February 21, 2012

ONE of the important things I haven't mentioned



My baby has turned five. There is no denying she is school aged now. And she is growing into the most amazingly sweet, smart, loving, and joyful little girl that I can imagine. Oh, how we love her.



This year Adeline requested a surprise party, which totally cracked me up, and gave me total freedom on what to plan. I had so much fun coming up with something totally meant to surprise her. Since she is the budding artist of the family, we hired a wonderful art teacher that we met a few months back to come and give Adeline and her little buddies a lesson in drawing self-portraits.





Addie was a little overwhelmed when she first arrived. I think it took her a few minutes to figure out what was going on. And then, of course, she was thrilled! It was priceless. I loved that moment.










The art teacher was amazing, the kids were engaged and excited, and oh my goodness, the portraits were so adorable! Definitely a piece of artwork that we will keep forever.








4 comments:

steph said...

Those self-portraits are adorable! I especially love the tan Addison gave herself. Ha! Happy Birthday, Addie!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY B-DAY, ADDIE! ♥

Katie Eaton Photography said...

I wondered if you were ever going to post pics from her party. ;) Soooo cute!

Katie Eaton Photography said...

I wondered if you were ever going to post pics from her party. ;) Soooo cute!