Sunday, June 5, 2011

gulf shores


We took a family trip to the beach for the wedding of my cousin at the end of May. I have such fond memories of this beach from my childhood. My grandparents had a beach house near Gulf Shores, so every summer we spent a week or so at the beach with them.


This trip was especially exciting because my sister and her crew of seven kids plus my mom and dad were all there. We stayed right on the beach and had so much fun! We spent nearly every morning at the beach, then afternoons at the pool. We got to celebrate a wedding (pictures from the wedding coming soon) and a birthday for Natalie's oldest set of twins (pictures of the birthday kids are on the same CF card as the wedding... all to come soon!). Apart from Robert's horrible flight delays, the trip was wonderful. Abundant time with the whole family in a beautiful setting.


I had a previous camera that gave me trouble for months after I brought it to the beach, so I was super cautious about bringing this one down into the sand. I only took to the actual beach one time. It was kind of killing me, because the kids were so cute on their boogie boards, jumping waves together, and playing in the sand.


3 comments:

Texas Slowpoke said...

Love Love Love the pictures!

We had such a good time. What a gift to get to spend the week with you.

Can't wait to see the wedding pics. :)

steph said...

Yeah, the idea of taking my camera to the beach scares me. And I don't even have that nice of a camera. :)

lovely pictures...

heather said...

priceless shots my friend!