And now, he no longer has to wait patiently while Mama finishes an email or Dada finishes the dishes. He can draw his own diggers! He sat down one night and told Robert that he was going to draw a digger. Then he picked up his pencil and did it.
This is digger #1:
He was so proud of himself. He drew diggers constantly that night. Here he is contemplating one of his drawings...
Can you see it? The wheels with tracks at the bottom, cab on top, boom arm and bucket on the right.
It is crazy to me that he's doing this already. I don't know what's normal for kids to start drawing representative drawings so maybe it shouldn't shock me that he is drawing at (almost) two and a half. Adeline didn't really start drawing much (other than 'designs') until at least three and a half. She only recently has begun making really involved and varied drawings. We are on a major art kick at our house (spurred by Adeline... she is all art and babydolls these days) so maybe that's what got Hayes interested in it so early.
*Sigh*... I'm trying desperately to hang on to his baby-ness, but he's making it harder and harder to find these days.




3 comments:
He's a pretty darn good artist -- he's certainly advanced! From our drawings yesterday, it's pretty clear that he can draw a better digger than me. "No. No. No Digger." And, then there's the fact that I didn't know how to draw an excavator. I needed the book for help.
Clearly the answer is not that it's Hayes drawing at almost 2 and a half. That's totally Adeline drawing. You just got your kids mixed up. It happens.
No, seriously, I can't believe how much they look alike. And those are very impressive diggers.
That's awesome. Not a good as my two year olds who can already eat crayons (impressive I know), but impressive none the less. :)
Great job Hayes!
Post a Comment