Wednesday, August 4, 2010

from atlanta

Colorado pictures are still waiting patiently for me to attend to them. In the meantime, we had some guests! Over the weekend we had the pleasure of hosting Cynthia's long time, dear friend Donna and her two girls. Oh my they were fun.

Abby, Donna, and Hannah


Cynthia has known Donna for years and they were roommates when they both lived in St. Louis. I met Donna a few times back then (my family lived just across the river from St. Louis at the time) but this is the first time I've spent time with her in my adult life. Robert and I really enjoyed getting to know her!

Claire hadn't seen Donna's girls for about a year, but they picked up right were they left off. Within 90 seconds of their arrival, they were scampering around the house giggling. The girls were lovely. So sweet, fun, and well behaved. We spent the day on Sunday at Barton Springs, then went on a "Bat Cruise" Sunday night. Monday the big girls went bowling and swimming. Addie had a dentist appointment and gymnastics so (much to her dismay) she had to miss out on that fun. Then we had burgers and ice cream for dinner at Phil's.

All the kids at Barton Springs


It's a little cold, right Hannah?


Cynthia and Donna


Everyone lined up on the Congress bridge to see the bats


Me and Robert (this summer I think we may have a record number of decent pictures of the two of us together!)


The kids had so much fun together and it was great to see Donna again. I think Cynthia and Donna were able to squeeze in some conversation here and there, so hopefully they were able to catch up a bit. There is just nothing like time spent with old friends. I'm so glad they got the opportunity to see each other before the summer is over!

1 comment:

steph said...

All of those pictures are great, but I especially love the one of the bridge.

What adorable kiddos!