Wednesday, February 10, 2010

motley crew



Okay, 'december in pictures: part two' will have to wait. I just haven't been motivated to make that post for some reason. Too much time has passed, I suppose. That, and my pictures from Christmas morning are not much to get excited about.

Instead, here's a little update on our little motley crew...



The kids are still getting along really well. Most of the time they are super. The honeymoon has, alas, started to wear off, if ever so slightly. And so a few issues have arisen.

We've had some "space" issues. Namely Claire wanting some and Adeline not wanting to give any. Addie has become the classic little sister... she follows Claire around wanting to do and say everything that Claire does. Who can blame her? Claire is cool.

We've had some "communication" issues. Namely all the kids learning to "ask a question", "say how you feel", or "say what you would like them to do"... rather than squealing, whining, or demanding. It's been so much nicer to hear, "Mama, could I have a glass of milk, please?" rather than "I'M THIRSTY!". And it's sort of hilarious to hear polite requests like, "Hayes, can you please stop hitting my face with that hammer?"

We've also had some "peeing" issues. Namely Hayes taking every diaperless opportunity to pee on the floor. Seriously, you can't let that kid out of his diaper for 30 seconds without a puddle. Usually a puddle on top of a book, toy, or some other hard to clean object.


But still, as always, the kids show daily how much they love each other. When one is gone (or napping), the others always anticipate their return (or awakening). I can't quite put my finger on why it is so fulfilling and heartwarming to watch them tackle each other with hugs, run giggling down the hall together, or simply read a book to each other. There is just something amazing about watching them bond. I think it is because I have such an incredible relationship with my sister. It's something I cherish immensely and I pray that someday Addie, Claire, and Hayes will be as lucky.

Oh yeah, and the adults are all hangin' in there, too.

1 comment:

Texas Slowpoke said...

Words can't begin to express how much I cherish you!! Can't wait to see you soon. :)