Thursday, August 13, 2009

what's cookin.

My latest pet project. The play kitchen is (finally) finished!

Well, it's mostly finished.

We call it 'Sherman finished' in my family. I'm just a short trip to Lowes and two angle brackets away from it being truly finished. But who knows when that will happen, so here it is... the official unveiling.

I started with these pieces from local thrift stores (pictures are from my iphone, that's why they are terrible). They where on their last leg, but full of kitchen potential. If I squinted real hard. The refrigerator didn't require much at all. The stove/sink on the other hand was a complete rebuild.





After a lot of sawing/nailing/painting and at least three trips to Lowes, I am happy to say that those sad souls have found new life as a little play kitchen bringing joy to boys and girls all over the Shelton playroom...







8 comments:

Mindy said...

I can't wait to show this to Chris! I told him we needed a kitchen for Christmas. That is the one thing Jake ALWAYS plays with when we go to playdates. June will probably like one too.

Paige it really looks awesome! So proud of you guys.

Lindsay H said...

Seriously...can you be any more crafty??? I LOVE THEM!!

heather said...

I think you need to go on the Martha Stewart show... this is crazy how awesome this is... there's nothing better than a one of a kind made with love! Nice work!

Texas Slowpoke said...

soooooooo
soooooooooo
cute!!!!

Great job!!!

I think I know what the twins want for their birthday. :)

Melanie Flinn said...

That is fabulous. Could you write up an instruction booklet for the rest of us? :)
I'd pay!

steph said...

I loooooove seeing pictures of play kitchens! This one is so awesome!

Earth Mama Sarah said...

Wow, Paige! I seriously need to pick that crafty brain of yours... you are awesome! And the kitchen ain't so bad, either. ;-)

Jessica said...

You are amazing Paige! That is such a cute little kitchen! And I can't believe how big your kids are!