Friday, August 7, 2009

he's walking.... and other good stuff

I'm calling it today. Hayes is officially walking. For the past two weeks he's been mostly just taking steps here and there. Mostly just when we cheered him on. But over the past few days he started doing it all on his own and he can make it clear across the room before loosing his balance. I think he has just realized it's not just a 'trick', it can actually take him places.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but he learned to stand up on his own before he learned to walk. He would just be sitting in the middle of the room, then (without grabbing on to anything) stand up, stand there for a while, possibly bounce a little, then sit back down. I know it's not that uncommon, but it is so different from how Adeline learned to walk that it completely amazed me. Addie couldn't do that until she had been walking for weeks. So yet again my sister's words ring true... "What will amaze you most about another child is how different they can be." So true. How can the exact same DNA come together and make two entirely different little humans?

And to celebrate his walking, I have some entirely unrelated and somewhat uneventful videos that I have been meaning to post for a while now.

Such a boy... he "vrooms" his cars. Gotta have your volume up to hear it. He also chases balls around the house all day long, but I haven't gotten a video of that yet.


A few of his first steps


We are easily amused...


Addie on the airport bus


And just for Katie...

I do realize that I haven't done an Adeline update lately. We do still love her. A lot. She is growing sweeter and more complex by the day. I have made myself a promise to post an update all about her soon. My I love that girl. A lot. Did I mention that?

4 comments:

Texas Slowpoke said...

Wow... can't wait to see it in person. :)

Katie Eaton Photography said...

LOVE the Soooo-big video!! He's just the most precious little man ever.

Chelsey said...

Hi,

You don't know me- I found your blog through a friends blog. I just want to say that you have the CUTEST family and I am dying over your daughters babystyle peacock costume and was wondering if you would ever be willing to sell it? I am so bummed out that babystyle closed! they had the best costumes so I totally understand if you/or your daughter don't want to part with it.

Thanks!
Chelsey in FW
(chels.wilson@hotmail.com)

Mindy said...

Jake still loves balls! I think it is a boy thing. The videos are great. We miss you and can't wait to see you next week!