Monday, July 6, 2009

A throwback... to June

Another throwback. This time it's back to June when my sister and her family came over for a visit. Oh we had a great time!

We were lucky enough to be chosen by Becca and Jojo as their birthday destination. Natalie and Mike give the kids a choice on their birthday to either A: have a big blowout birthday party with all their friends, B: take a weekend trip with on their own with one parent, or C: take a weekend trip with the entire family. I love, love the idea of doing that and as soon as our kids are old enough (maybe next year? maybe this year with Addie?) we are going to steal that idea.

Anyhow, Becca and Jojo chose to take a trip to Austin with the entire family for their birthday. We were very honored, to say the least. :) So, Natalie and Mike and all 7 kids (yes, SEVEN!) came in on Saturday morning and spent the night with us. We went to the Town Lake fountains, walked to Phil's for dinner and birthday cake, then went to the little water park pool in Pfluggerville on Sunday. PLUS... and this was definitely the highlight for Adeline... all 5 of the big cousins slept in Adeline's room on Saturday night! Her first sleepover. Oh, the excitement!

Get ready, I'm not afraid of posting too many pictures!

The birthday twins






























Somehow Elijah was able to escape my camera. He's good at that lately. And aren't those babies so adorable you want to eat them up?!

3 comments:

steph said...

That water park looks fun! I'll have to get the Official Shelton Review. ;)

Alison Randall said...

I love all these pictures! Never too many, if you ask me. And yes, I too want to eat those babies up. Maybe for dessert, after I eat pie for dinner. :)

Anonymous said...

This continues to still be one of my favorite blogs, Paige and I have recommended to several folks. I love the new haircut and yes, he is indeed a clone of his big sister. Careful of those pies from the food lady next door.....She will fatten you up in a New York Minute.
Lynne