I'm still in the process of downloading / uploading pictures so there will be more posts to come that document the past few weeks of our lives. I'm way behind and a lot has happened. It's gonna take a few days.
It was possibly the breakfast of champions he was fed this morning that made the difference. Here he is getting powered up by his coach/trainer.



The practice begins...

Hmm... something feels wrong about this...

Ah yes... here we go!


Yay me!

So. I'm starting with Hayes because I'm his mom and all his changes are very exciting to me. First off, he is crawling! As of today he officially has the classic crawl down. He's been rocking on all fours since before Easter and today his arms and legs finally decided to work together. I'm amazed at how exciting this all is the second time around. Not at all 'second child' like.
It was possibly the breakfast of champions he was fed this morning that made the difference. Here he is getting powered up by his coach/trainer.
The practice begins...
Hmm... something feels wrong about this...
Ah yes... here we go!
Yay me!
And on to Hayes situation #2... his crazy teeth. He currently has 6. Four on the bottom, two on the top. The bottom ones came in a fairly normal pattern. Middle two first, then the two on either side a few weeks later. (Although I will note that they seem very generously spaced. I'll have to look back to see if Adeline's were like that.) It is the top teeth that are so crazy to me. He does not have his two front teeth in yet, but the two on either side have been through for a week or two. I can see the front two coming through, but for now it is a weird snaggle tooth / vampire kind of look. In the most adorable way, of course.
Beautiful, slobbery bottom teeth...
And unfortunately placed top teeth...
I know, it's really hard to see the top ones. Thank goodness! :)
The last topic does not have any pictures, but it is no less important. Sleep.
S.L.E.E.P.
It is something that we've not been experiencing at our house lately. Right after Easter, we had to move Hayes out of the Amby bed because he was able to sit up in it and was getting dangerously close to getting himself out. One day he got himself completely turned around it in and had his head hanging out of the bottom. Eeek! That was his last night in the Amby bed.
It has been a rough transition to the crib. The Amby bed kept him snuggled up and cozy so it is a really different feeling being in the wide open space of a crib. The first week was rough, but nothing like this past week. It was down right brutal. Hayes was up every 2 to 3 hours and it would sometimes take an hour or two to get him back to sleep. When we bring him into bed with us he gets so excited about it that he's up for hours, we couldn't put him back in the Amby bed, and he kept waking up when I tried to put him back into the crib. I felt like we were out of options. He was only napping for 30-45 minutes at a time during the day and he usually takes 2 to 2.5 hour naps. Ugh, it was rough.
I took him to the doctor on Friday and he does, indeed, have another ear infection (#3). I took a small sigh of relief as the doctor wrote out the prescription, but I had a feeling that his sleep issue was much bigger than his right ear. We had already tried giving him Motrin for two nights and it didn't make a difference, so I had my doubts that his ear was what was keeping him up. No doubt that the ear made things worse, but I had a sinking feeling that even as he felt better, his sleeping would still suck.
Skipping to the good part... last night (after about 20 minutes of trying to get him to sleep) I decided to try swaddling him to see if I could re-create the coziness of the Amby bed and immediately he calmed down and went to sleep. He snuggled right in and went to sleep as I laid him in his crib. He slept good long stretches last night, napped great yesterday and today, and has been going down without a fuss. Just like he used to do in the Amby bed.
Hallelujah!
I took him to the doctor on Friday and he does, indeed, have another ear infection (#3). I took a small sigh of relief as the doctor wrote out the prescription, but I had a feeling that his sleep issue was much bigger than his right ear. We had already tried giving him Motrin for two nights and it didn't make a difference, so I had my doubts that his ear was what was keeping him up. No doubt that the ear made things worse, but I had a sinking feeling that even as he felt better, his sleeping would still suck.
Skipping to the good part... last night (after about 20 minutes of trying to get him to sleep) I decided to try swaddling him to see if I could re-create the coziness of the Amby bed and immediately he calmed down and went to sleep. He snuggled right in and went to sleep as I laid him in his crib. He slept good long stretches last night, napped great yesterday and today, and has been going down without a fuss. Just like he used to do in the Amby bed.
Hallelujah!
4 comments:
Wow! So excited that he is sleeping better.
Hayes and Jake both have six teeth!
:) We need to get Julie the Amby bed!
I think Hayes is just leaving that open teeth space to make nursing easier on you. Also, Sagan's first two teeth were one on bottom, and one directly above that. It was ridiculous-looking.
Glad the sleep is going better. Friends of ours swaddled their son until he was, I don't know...maybe they still do it! Whatever works! :)
Pulling up and crawling!! He's going to be an early walker like his sister ... and he's going to make our pool experiences this summer quite interesting. ;)
Wow- you have your hands full Paige! Looking forward to catching up tomorrow.
Post a Comment