Monday, February 23, 2009

the birthday party



We threw Adeline her first 'real' birthday party on Valentine's Day.  Yes, that means it was almost a full two months after her actual birthday.  I figure if you have to share your birthday with the biggest holiday in the western world, you should get to celebrate it a little longer than most people.  Adeline whole heartedly agreed.  She loved the resurgence of her birthday and it was really nice to be able to focus on her birthday instead of feeling like it is a side note to all the other celebrating going on.

She is two, in case you forgot.



We had decorations, party hats, face painting, craft making, cupcakes, pizza, candles, singing and a ton of friends.  The friends, of course, were the highlight of the party!























I have to give a HUGE thank you to my talented friends who took most of the above pictures for me. Katie, Heather, and Eric... I owe you! Without them I would have a total of 4 pictures from the party. One of which was a picture of the back of Adeline's head. So thank you for snapping away and sharing the pictures with me!

And Steph... don't think we didn't notice the diet coke in your hand. I'm rounding everyone up for an intervention.

5 comments:

steph said...

Thanks Paige. I made sure to get photographed holding it. It was my desperate cry for help. :)

Melanie Flinn said...

Great pics- such a fun party!!

Mindy said...

Sorry we missed it. Looks like it was great!

Earth Mama Sarah said...

Thank you so much for hosting such a fabulous party! Everything was so thoughtful and creative, we loved being able to share in the fun!

Katie Eaton Photography said...

Cute! I noticed the diet coke as well ... it's time for that intervention! ;) How about Thursday night?