Monday, May 12, 2008

Shhhh... don't tell Emmy!

One of my best and oldest friend's little girl is turning one this week.  I still can't believe Emmy is a year old!  I was having a really hard time deciding what to get such a sweet little girl on such a special day, but Adeline's enthusiasm for her new tutu sealed the deal.  What little girls first birthday is complete without a fluffy pink tutu?  

And so a craft project was born.  I fashioned it after Adeline's tutu which looked like it would be pretty easy to make.  It is basically a no sew beginner's project, which is precisely at my level of craftiness.  I made most of it while we were in the car on the way to the Woodlands on Friday.  It was really easy and I think it turned out super cute!  Adeline loved it, too.  She yelled out "wwwwwaaaaaaa" (wooooow!) when I showed her the finished product and she insisted on trying it out. I put a few sneak peek pictures below, but shhhhhhh... don't tell Emmy!!  She doesn't know about it yet. I'm putting it in the mail to her tomorrow!

The finished product


Adeline giving it a test drive (just to be sure it is good enough for her friend Emmy!)

4 comments:

Katie Eaton Photography said...

LOVE it!! I think we need a bottle of wine (for me) and some Italian Soda (for you) and chocolate (for me ... and you, too) ... and a Friday night date. I'd love to make one of those for Sabrina. I can just see the pictures.

Allen Family said...

Oh my! Emmy is going to LOVE it (and her mommy loves it too)! Don't worry...I won't tell her about it and she will open it at her party this weekend! We will wear it all the time...we love girly days at our house!

Mindy said...

Wow! Paige I am super impressed!

Melanie Flinn said...

Oooooh! I want one! Even though Lucas probably wouldn't appreciate it much- love the girly stuff.
That is impressive.