Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm telling!... on myself.

Lately Adeline has been feeling really guilty about her misbehavior.  She knows she shouldn't do it, but somehow she just can't stop herself.  The whole time she is doing something she's not supposed to, she tells herself "no, no, no, no, no!"  Then waits for me to chime in and stop her.  If I'm not in the room, she will come find me and tell on herself.  

This morning, for instance, she was playing happily in the back of the apartment while I was in the kitchen getting her diaper bag and lunch together so we could leave.  I knew she was just a little too quiet back there and I was sure to find a mess, but hey, she was content, so I was content.  Then she came out with a huge handful of Q-tips, handed them to me and told me, "no, no, no, no, no!"  Then I followed her back into the bathroom (she's still chanting "no, no, no...") to find all of the Q-tips from a practically full box scattered across the floor.  She looked up at me, pointed at the Q-tips and told me one last time, "no-no."

Baby guilt is so cute.  

2 comments:

Mindy said...

That made me laugh out loud at the computer! :)

PS - I love her hair like that. she is looking so much older these days.

Katie Eaton Photography said...

Too cute ...