Sunday, February 10, 2008

big ticket items

With this being baby #2, we have / can borrow from friends many of the things that we'll need for the baby.  Diapers?  Check.  Clothes?  Check.  Toys?  Double check.  It's the crib, car seats, stroller type things that we'll need to actually buy.  Yes, all the big ticket items.  Sigh.  

So, I am posting a wish-list for Baby Shelton #2.  It includes all the majorly expensive things that we will eventually have to buy for this rug-rat.  Just in case any ambitious gift givers (small nod in the grandparents direction) wanted to unleash their generosity on us.  :)

Here is a quick run down... 

1. We desperately need a new changing table.  The flimsy one we got from Ikea definitely will not withstand another child.  Also, it is unusually short and Adeline's legs already hang way off the end.

2. We will need a 2 seater stroller.  I would like to get a jogger this time (I dream of the day I can get back into shape!).  The Phil & Ted's jogger has a toddler seat that can be added on to make it a two seater without becoming the typical super wide / super long double stroller.  It is compact and easy to maneuver.

3.  We are really hoping that we can get at least one of our kids to sleep in their own bed.  For that we will need a crib.  The one I picked out can convert to a toddler bed so if by some miracle, Adeline decides to sleep through the night on her own, she could use this crib as well.

4.  Car Seats.  Oh my, the car seats.  We would like to have 2 seats in my car and at least one (preferably two) in Robert's car.  That way we would not have to do any car seat shuffling when we ride in different cars.  Adeline's hand-me-down Britax expires in September, so that means we will need at least TWO new convertible car seats, and THREE would be ideal.  They are $300 bucks a pop, so this is a major area of expenditure.  On the bright side, I do think I'll be able to borrow an infant seat for those first few months when a carrier type seat is more convenient.  I had previously sold our old infant seat thinking we wouldn't need one for a long time.  Oh the humor.

5.  We will also need to feed this child actual table food at some point.  Since Adeline will be still using her high chair, we will need another one.  

6.  I also picked out some baby bedding, which is not a necessity, but it sure is cute.  We will have to wait to see if the blue or pink version will be more appropriate.

So there it is, the list of things we need.  And here is the link to the actual products...

Baby Shelton #2 Wish - List

There is also a link on the right side of this blog.

With any luck we will eventually be more self sustaining and won't need to solicit gifts from outside sources.  I'm sure no one wants to see a wish-list for cars when the kids turn 16 or tuition when they head off to University!

No comments: