Monday, January 28, 2008

a shower, a party, and a visit from grandmommy

... and almost no pictures to show for it.  The camera was stranded at Robert's office, then when we got it back, we forgot to charge it and it died immediately.  Anyhow, here's some of what we've been up to...

Robert's mom came in for a visit Thursday night through Saturday afternoon.  Adeline loooved spending time with her Grandmommy.  Robert and I enjoyed her too, but we tried to restrain ourselves from climbing into her lap every time she came into the room the way that Addie did.  :)  We really did have a good time visiting with her and as always, we were well fed for the days she was here!

Saturday my car battery died.  Which isn't that big of a deal, but it's just so annoying that cars need maintenance.  Can't they just make a car that will run without giving us problems?  Is that too much to ask?  When problems arise it is always unexpected and always a pain.  Luckily I have a husband who can take care of those things for me.  Thanks, Robert!

Saturday night was the big Duke baby shower!  We had so much fun seeing everyone.  Adeline and her little friend Hollis were the only babies there (besides baby Parker Duke who is still in utero) and loved all the attention.  Baby Parker got lots of goodies and the Dukes should be pretty well ready to welcome him into the world any day now.  His official due date is the 20th.  We can't wait to meet him!

Sunday afternoon our friends the Holts (Hollis's parents... the brave souls!) hosted a one year old birthday party for all the kid0s from our Bradley childbirth class.  14 one year olds and their parents.  There was cake, there was music, there was dancing, there were presents, and of course the attempt at a group photo.  What an amazing group of families.  We have leaned on each other in so many ways over the past year and I am not sure how I would have made it through my first year as a parent without them!  I can remember thinking I would never see any of them again in my life when we left the last childbirth class.  We had set up a Yahoo! group at the urging of our instructor, but everyone had their own things going and we really never thought we'd become the tight knit group that we are today.  Low and behold, as the babies were born we all reached out to each other and the moms started hanging out together (with babies in tow) quite a bit.  I'm quite sure that they are part of the reason I am still (fairly) sane.  Oh my, I love those ladies and those babies!  I do have some pictures of the party courtesy of the other parents.  I will post more as I get my hands on them.

The attempt at a group shot of the kids (a few of the kids were missing)


Group shot with the moms (minus one mom/baby pair who came late)


Parachute and dancing


Play time


Book exchange


Yummy


More playing


Mama and baby girl

No comments: