The seat next to Adeline at meal time is a very hot commodity around here. Elijah, Noah, and Abigail all LOVE to sit next to her, which has caused some minor (and a few major) meltdowns. She is a very popular girl. It was decided that the seat would be awarded on a "first come, first serve" basis. Elijah has proven to be the best at thinking ahead and has parked himself in the seat the second that he thinks dinner is on the way. This morning I swear he sat there for about 25 minutes before we actually started eating. Tonight Elijah was once again the first to sit down. We felt bad for Noah because he has been trying really hard to remember, but big brother is always one step ahead. So I gave up my seat next to Adeline and let her completely feed herself dinner. It was spaghetti.
Don't get me wrong, she's no stranger to a mess, just not usually to this degree. She has refused to let me spoon feed her for weeks now. I load the spoon then give it to her and she feeds herself. It's a much messier process than the good ole days when I could feed her myself, but I suppose she has to learn.
Back to tonight's spaghetti dinner. She loved it. Here are some pictures and a video. I think the clean up took as long (or longer) than the meal. The hook on high chair is still a mess and will require a fully submerged bath in order to recover.
All the cousins at the table (Elijah is hiding)
The first bites
The mess builds
Full tummy, happy girl
And a video... guest appearance by Jojo "Jofus" Kelly :)
1 comment:
Addie - you are so cute! When are you coming to meet your friend Jake? Oh...and I want to see more dancing!!
Post a Comment