Thursday, November 8, 2007

3 steps!

Yes, I know I am woefully behind on updating the blog. I just ended a 1 hr 20 min battle of wills with Adeline over a nap (can you guess who won? I swear... I am no match for the determination of little Nataline!) so I am in no mood to give a full run down of our last 2 weeks, but I definitely wanted to record Addie's latest milestone. This is the biggie... the milestone that trumps all other milestones... the first steps! She took 3 steps on Wednesday!

She has been standing for a few seconds over the past two weeks or so and is doing that more and more every day. On Wednesday she figured out if she moved her feet, it got her a little closer to where she was going. And where did this momentous occasion occur? In the parking lot of Car Wash Time in The Woodlands. Classy, huh? Aunt Natalie, Elijah, Noah, Abigail, Becca, and Jojo were all there as official witnesses.

She is yet to get to 3 steps again since, but is pretty easily putting 2 steps together and seems quite proud of herself. I wouldn't mind if the whole walking thing was delayed a bit longer... she is already quite proficient at destroying the house on all fours, I can only imagine the havoc she will reap when she's upright. But nonetheless, it is exciting!

2 comments:

steph said...

Wow! That's so cool!

We miss you guys. :)

Earth Mama Sarah said...

Yay for Adeline! It's a trip...