Tuesday, October 16, 2007

old man

Robert is thirty. I can't believe it. Sometimes I still feel like we are kids that are just "playing adult". So I'm not sure how we could possibly be getting this old. Wait, did I say "we"? I meant "he". Anyway, I have been hearing that 30 is the new 20, so we're going with that.

Robert is getting some pretty good mileage out of this birthday. It started with a night out on his *actual* birthday (Oct. 4). Our dear friends Jonathan & Kristin braved a night with our rashy baby girl so that we could see a movie at the Drafthouse. We saw In the Valley of Elah. Wow, it is a powerful (and extremely hard to watch) movie. Especially if you know someone who is/was serving in Iraq. The next night I cooked up a little surprise dinner with some friends out at Salt Lick barbeque. Adeline got to come and could barely keep her eyes open by the time we headed home around 9:30. Robert partied it up and had a major hangover the next day. That is what 3 beers will do to you once you turn 30. The last chapter in the birthday festivities is a trip to San Francisco in a few weeks. Let's hope we still feel like we are celebrating after a red-eye flight with a 10 month old. :)

Happy Birthday to the best husband I could ever imagine. Adeline and I are so lucky to have you!

Dinner at the Salt Lick

1 comment:

steph said...

ha, three beers... I hear you on that one, my friend!